Congratulations to Dan Harte and Tracey Malloch who both received awards at the Safety Institute of Australia (SIA) Education Dinner 2010, for exceptional performance in the Diploma of OHS and the Certificate IV in OHS through their studies at COHST.
Both students completed their studies at COHST through flexible delivery in 2009, whilst working in full-time employment.
Dan and Tracey were nominated for the awards by COHST staff, and then underwent assessment by an SIA selection panel. This included the quality of assessments, references and commitment to OHS practises.
Dan Harte: Winner, Category 2 in Diploma of OHS
Dan's Safety Achievements include:
- Implementation of OHSMS to maintain certification to AS4801
- Facilitation of on-going management reviews for principal contractors
- Ongoing completion of audits and mentoring for key contractors on key safety standards
- Promotion of Zero Harm policy and program to achieve LTIFR = 0
- Improvement of OHS communications across businesses
- Completion of Risk Assessments and reviews to develop and apply risk control solutions
Tracey Malloch: Commendation, Category 1 in Certificate IV in OHS
Tracey's Safety Improvements include:
- Use of emergency equipment in hospital environment
- Hand washing procedures
- Correct technique for breast feeding to reduce MSD
- Use of saddle seat for back support
- Safe disposal of hospital contaminated waste
The students were awarded with:
- Student commemorative medal and certificate of achievement
- Book voucher to the value of $200
- Free membership of the SIA for one year
- Participation in the SIA Graduate/Mentor support program
- Free entrance to Safety in Action 2011, including Gala Dinner
COHST would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Dan and Tracey on their success, and to wish them well in their OHS careers.